We want to reassure all our patients that we are still open and able to provide routine dental care. We have rigorous cross infection control measures to ensure that you and our team are kept safe. Since the start of the pandemic, we have invested in air scrubbers which use a combination of HEPA filters and UVC light to clean the air in all our surgeries. Our staff have received enhanced training as well as being equipped with appropriate PPE to ensure they are effectively protected. All staff are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and lateral flow 3 times a week. All our patients will continue to be screened prior to attending and the systems that we have put into place since reopening in July 2020 ensure a secure environment for your visit.
Oral health is incredibly important for your overall health and well-being and we urge you to continue to visit us for routine and emergency appointments.
Only patients with an appointment will be permitted to enter the practice and there will be limited appointments available. Please do not attend the practice without first phoning or booking online through the link in your recall email.
In order to make your visit to us as safe as possible and to protect our staff things will be a little different.
ATTENDING THE PRACTICE
- Your appointment should have already been arranged over the phone and confirmed with a text or email.
- You will be screened for your COVID status before attending the appointment and when you arrive, and this will include having your temperature taken. You will need to complete any forms online prior to your appointments including medical history and contact information. If you don’t have internet access this will be done over the phone or when attending the practice for your appointment.
- It is very important you attend on time for your appointment. You will be required to check in at the window to the left of the main front door. We ask that patients park in the main car park and not the lane. You will be required to wait outside in your car until you are called to the practice. This is to minimise the number of patients in the practice at one time.
- The front door will be locked. A member of staff will come to the front door and meet you. You will be asked to confirm your details and use hand sanitiser before entering the premises.
- You should attend the appointment alone. Exceptions are for children and patients who require a carer or assistance. Please only bring 1 other person to the appointment.
- The patient toilet will not be in use during the appointment, unless in absolute emergencies.
- You will be shown straight into the surgery to see your dentist. Please be aware that they will be wearing more PPE than normal, but we will still be happy to see under all that and probably a bit hot.
- Treatment will be completed as normal if you do not have COVID-19 or our risk assessment deems you could be at risk.
- Once the treatment is complete, you will be escorted to the complete payment for treatment, at this time we are only able to accept card payment. If the reception window is busy, we ask that you wait in our waiting area respecting social distancing. A member of the team will escort you from the premises. Any subsequent appointments will be made with the dentist in surgery.
- For any further appointments that are required we ask patients pay in advance.
While we hope that we will be able to see everyone who needs us and provide an environment where everyone feels safe to attend there may still be some in vulnerable groups who would put off coming to the dentist for little longer. We are happy to provide all patients with telephone advice. We have priority slots for vulnerable and shielding patients.
If you call the surgery and we are unable to answer your call, please leave a message or email us. As I am sure you can imagine our phone lines are incredibly busy. We will get back to every patient who leaves a message, but it may take longer than normal. Please bear with us and refrain from calling multiple times.
We look forward to seeing you.
With best wishes
The Hopton Dental Surgery Team
Hopton Dental Surgery
Private and NHS Dentistry for all the family
For oral health help and advice